May 9, 2000
Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization
210 S. Ft Harrison
Dear Sir / Madam,
As you know, I have withdrawn my membership to what is called "The Church of Scientology", due to fraudulent misrepresentation of LRH written works, that are not factually written by LRH.
I have spent 25 years training, and processing with Scientology technology. I still remain a scientologist, loyal to the original teachings and writings of L. Ron Hubbard.
Most Recently I was auditing on OT VII, one of the highest levels obtainable in the Church, up until approximately 1 1/2 years ago.
I discovered that LRH’s HCOB C/S Series 73 RA, which was 12 pages long, had been edited and rewritten by RTRC I/C, to where the "new" issue (C/S Series 73RB), had SEVEN PAGES deleted of LRH’s writings. In direct violation of BOTH of these versions, (one LRH, one not), as an OT VII, I was ordered to pay for a "security check" to "renew my eligibility", every six months. I also received other auditing actions I was not supposed to be doing per the above references, which I also had to pay for.
I was on OT VII for almost 9 years, essentially my entire history of auditing at the Church of Scientology FSO. I was sold services that were represented to be "written by LRH", which were not, as is easily provable.
This is Fraud.
As a Scientologist, I would never have paid for these services if the services were correctly represented as written by someone else. I thought that I was getting "pure, unadulterated LRH", as RTC represents it, and so I purchased these services in good faith.
Upon bringing this gross alteration and misrepresentation of LRH’s work to the attention of Church management, as well as other Scientologists, the following actions were taken by Scientology- related entities, or Scientology-related individuals:
1.I was reverse audited by auditor of the year Therese Blum (reverse auditing is also known as "black dianetics", it is auditing being used to attempt to cause harm to another)
2. Defamation of my character was undertaken with blatant lies being spread to as many Scientologists as possible about me, as well as my husband Mike.
3. I was held in a room by the MAA Sandcastle April Buchanan, with 2 male ethics officers guarding the door, who would not let me leave in time to catch my scheduled plane flight.
4. I was also declared a "suppressive person" for exposing the fraudulent activities of RTC and CSI, as well as C of S FSO. This declare was in direct violation of HCOPL Keeping Scientology Working. Additionally, the declaring of me as a suppressive person, and circulating a document stating such amongst thousands of Scientologists, is further defamation of character, as well as libel.
5. My husband was asked to leave his place of employment, David Morse and Associates, because he was "not in good standing with the Church of Scientology". This is of course religious discrimination, as well as documentation of the defamation of character covered in 2. above.
All of these actions, as well as the fraud itself, are in direct violation of the 1993 IRS / Church tax exemption agreement D. Certifications section C. "that no Scientology-related entity or Scientolology-related individual (in his or her capacity as such) has after 1986 knowingly committed any act of fraud or criminal conduct that might constitute a violation of public policy endangering the tax-exempt status of any Scientology-related entity."
Since there has been knowing acts of fraud and criminal conduct in regards to myself, as well as my husband, I am hereby reporting all of the above to the appropriate IRS officials, in charge of enforcing these rules.
To avoid a possible highly public lawsuit, I request the following:
1. RTC / CST / OSA, etc. need to draft a formal, binding agreement to not practice any "fair game" tactics on me, or my family or business (fair game activities to be defined in said agreement). This would include any persons in the hire of any lawyer retained by the Church, as well as any surrogates or current members.
2. Now that I know I was defrauded of approximately $220,067.50 during the course of my 9 years on OT VII, I want this money refunded to me within 15 days of receipt of my requests.
3. Since I am no longer supporting the current Church, therefore I also demand a refund of my IAS membership fee, amount is $2,000.00, refunded within 15 days of receipt of request.
4. Request for refund from the IAS in the amount of $2,000.00, requested by my husband in writing March 28, 2000, to be paid immediately.
Cashier’s check or money order to be sent to:
Virginia McClaughry (Mike McClaughry for #4 above)
3407 W. Summerfield Road
Post Falls, Idaho
cc: Lisa Mcpherson Trust
cc: Dan Liepold, attorney at law
cc: IRS Assistant Commissioner Employee Plans and Exempt Organizations
cc: Exempt Organizations Area Manager, Pacific Coast
cc: Captain Fso
cc: President Fso
cc: LRH comm
cc: Osa Int Mike Rinder
cc: Ben Shaw
cc: RTC David Miscaviage
cc: Sandcastle Reg Hy Levy
cc: Ed Int
cc: President IAS
cc: Treasury IAS