From: [email protected] (Martin Ottmann)
Subject: Committee of Evidence Findings - August 9th, 1965
Date: 12 Jan 2003 12:56:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
SECRETARY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Office of L. Ron Hubbard, D.C.
August 9, 1965
SECED Number 461DC
Applies to: Washington, D.C.
COMMITTEE OF EVIDENCE FINDINGS
Findings of Committee of Evidence convened 16th April, 1965.
Committee Members: David Aldrich, Chairman; John Higginbotham, Jr., Secretary; Members: Sheila Aldrich, Wayne Rohrer, Joe Breeden
Findings on Interested Parties:
1. Ernest Martin Finding: Absolved Recommendation: The Committee recommends that Ernest use better judgement in his selection of associates.
2. Melvin Bear Finding: Absolved Recommendation: The Committee recommends that Mel be required to get an Ethics Clearing on anyone moving into 1833 and/or 1835 19th Street, N.W.
3. Marianne Giles and Kinsley Giles Finding: Both absolved Recommendation: The Committee recommends that Marianne and Kinsley not be allowed to involve anyone other than Ethics personnel with their marital problems and that they, with Ethics, get together to solve their marital problems.
4. Bob Waller Finding: Guilty of failing to appear before a Comm. Ev. Recommendation: That Bob be required to get an Ethics clearing before any further participation in Scientology.
5. Mary Lang Finding: That Mary is connected to at least two Suppressive Persons. Recommendation: The Committee recommends that Mary be declared a Potential Trouble Source and ordered to disconnect from the Suppressive Persons in her environment; namely, Peggy Tereschenko and Mary's husband.
Endorsement amends above to: Mary Lang is to separate from Peggy Tereschenko and Mary's husband until Ethics DC has investigated Peggy Tedeschenko and Mary's husband and issued an SP order or other appropriate action.
6. Betsy Weeks Finding: That Betsy has at least one Suppressive Person in her environment. Recommendation: That Betsy be declared a Potential Trouble Source until such time as she disconnects from J. Fred Walker.
7. Joan Estrada Finding: Joan Estrada is guilty of impeding her husband's progress in Scientology. Recommendation: (deleted by L. Ron Hubbard) Endorsement amends above to: A non-enturbulation order is placed on Joan Estrada.
Amended to a Non-enturbulation order. LRH
8. Ken Pilove and Diana Thomas Pilove Finding: Ken and Diana are Potential Trouble Sources. Recommendation: That they may not be trained or processed until they have entirely ceased the use of marijuana. Further recommendation: That marijuana be declared Suppressive on the basis that, in the opinion of the Committee, it impedes those who use it.
The first recommendation is endorsed. The second recommendation is not endorsed as the intent of policy on drugs covers this.
9. Lloyd Bell Finding: Guilty of failing to appear before a Comm. Ev. Recommendation: That Lloyd be required to obtain an Ethics clearing before he is allowed further participation in Scientology.
10. Douglas Creer Finding: Doug did lie to the Committee of Evidence and that he has caused considerable enturbulence and entheta to those around him. Recommendation: In view of the fact that Doug has achieved the State of 1st Stage Release the Committee recommends no further action.
11. Wilbur Kornish Finding: Absolved Recommendation: none.
12. Ann Mauch Finding: Guilty of failure to appear before a Committee of Evidence and that Ann has caused considerable enturbulence and entheta to those around her. Recommendation: That a non-enturbulence order be placed on Ann.
13. The following people have, in previous Ethics actions, been declared Suppressive Persons:
Frank Williams, Fred Walker, Richard Stanchik, Reggie Grant; so the Committee recommends no further action.
L. RON HUBBARD