Special Unit ED # 14
25 August 1982
U.S. Legal Wins
The Church of Scientology has had several major legal wins in the U.S.
in the last few months.
Never in the history of Scientology have so many wins of such
magnitude been attained in such a short period of time.
Because of off Policy handlings and off source actions for years by
past GO executives the Church was on the defensive in the legal arena
up until one year ago.
Through the hard work and dedication of GO staff members in the US the
scene has been reverted in one year's time, which is an incredible
In the last five months alone the following major accomplishments have
1. The Christofferson case reversed in the Oregon appeals court,
including a major religious recognition by that court. This overturned
a $ 2.3 million judgement.
2. Dismissal of nearly all counts of the Lavenda Van Schaik case in
3. Dismissal of a suit brought by Paulette Cooper against the Church
in new York.
4. Dismissal of a suit brought by Conway and Siegleman (authors of an
entheta book) in New York.
5. Two out of three counts dismissed from a suit brought by Gabriel
Cazares against the Church in Florida.
6. The Rosenkjar suit transferred from an unfavorable judicial climate
in DC to California.
7. Paulette Cooper ordered by court in California to cease litigating
a case in Boston against Cof S of C.
8. Michael Flynn held in indirect criminal contempt in Florida.
9. Many counts dismissed from four suits filed against the Church in
L.A. Federal Court.
10. A major restraining order and order for return of stolen material
from Michael Flynn and Gerry Armstrong granted in L.A. State Court.
Scientology is winning consistently in the courts across the U.S.
The staff of the Mission All Clear Unit USGO and their subordinate
units in other cities are VERY HIGHLY COMMENDED.
Very well done and keep up the excellent work!
SPEC UNIT LE
for & approved by
SPCT PJT L