American Civil Liberties Union:
Defender of Religious Liberty And Free Speech
There are a great many lies, falsehoods, and myths about the
America Civil Liberties Union. Some reach well into the
blatently false and absurd, such as this one:
"According to an investigative committee of the U.S. Congress,
the ACLU claims to stand for free speech, free press, and free
assembly, but it is quite apparent that the main function of the
ACLU is to attempt to protect the Communists in their advocacy
of force and violence to overthrow the government."
--- Taking Liberties, a neo-fascist's Christian
pamphlet called "How the ACLU is stealing America's rights."
While such a lie is easily seen for what it is, others told
by neo-fascists about the American Civil Liberties Union are
not so blatent. This page contains a few links to articles
about the ACLU.
The ACLU protects *YOUR* right to free expression and religious
liberty. They deserve your support!
Contact the American Civil Liberties Union
at their WWW site.
- History of the ACLU When Roger Baldwin founded the ACLU in 1920, civil liberties were in a sorry state. 75 Years of ACLU Highlights
- Church And State The First Amendment in the Bill of Rights of our Constitution states:
- Two county jail inmates and Bibles The ACLU protects the religous liberties of two prison inmates.
- School Boards School Board Elections: Countering the Fundamentalists, by Frank Prahl
- First Amendment Legal fact sheet, First Amendment
- Public Schools Religion In The Public Schools: A Joint Statement Of Current Law
- More On Schools ACLU Releases Video, Legal Bulletin on Religion in Public Schools
- Reproductive Health The Right To Choose: A Fundamental Liberty
- Warning To Schools ACLU Warns Schools Over Graduation Prayer; Sends 15,000 Letters to Counter Misleading Legal Advice
- BoR History A History of the Bill of Rights. In the summer of 1787, delegates from the 13 colonies convened in Philadelphia to discuss how best to govern themselves.
- Prohibition The ACLU is Against The Current Drug Prohibition
- Hate speech on campus In recent years, a rise in verbal abuse and violence directed at people of color, lesbians and gay men, and other historically persecuted groups has plagued the United States.
- Crime and civil liberties Violent crime is a major problem in the United States. Indeed, the violent crime rate rose 61 percent nationwide over the last two decades, making the U.S. one of the most dangerous countries in the industrialized world to live in.
- School Prayer Constitutional Amendment on School Prayer or Moment of Silence
- Hackers At AOL AOL security lapse opens accounts. ACLU suffers hack on AOL May 18, 1998.
- Christians Persecute Jews The ACLU protects the religious rights of school students in Alabama.
to Shy David's Home Page.