"Very few jobs actually require a penis or vagina. All others
should be open to everyone." --- Gloria Steinem
And so it goes. What do feminists want? Feminists want: equal
pay for equal work; police protection from abusive spouses and
ex-boyfriends; equal rights for all, regardless of gender, race,
color, sexuality, or creed; equal access to careers and jobs; a
safe, harassment-free work environment. Is that too much to ask?
Some people believe so:
"I listen to the feminists and all these radical gals -- most
of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been
married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission
to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house.
That's all they need. Most of these feminists need a man to tell them
what time of day it is and to lead the home. And they blew it and
they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They
hate men -- that's their problem."
--- Rev. Jerry Falwell
Many ignorant men and women believe as Rev. Falwell does. They
find it so much less emotionally disturbing to believe that the
problem is not a diseased society, but rather some "lack" in the
emotional make-up of feminists. They would rather believe that
it is not an issue of life and death, survival and despair,
a fair standard of living and poverty, but rather "uppity women"
who "hate men" and who "want more than they deserve."
"If the status quo in fact was such that everybody was equal and women
and men were allowed to select their own roles, there would be no
-- Dr. Nafis Sadik
The real issue is, of course, not "uppity women" who "hate men."
It is about male privilege.
- Dominos Pizza #1 The cult connections of Dominos Pizza. Article Number One.
- Dominos Pizza #2 The cult connections of Dominos Pizza. Article Number Two.
- Xian Oppression The Role of Christianity in the Oppression of Women
- The Scientist Woman Biologist's Success In A Discrimination Suit Adds Weight To Findings On Science And Parenthood
- Challenge Judge Ginsburg's feminist challenge. THE BOOK OF RUTH By Jeffrey Rosen
- Are opinions male? The barriers that shut women up. ARE OPINIONS MALE? By Naomi Wolf
- Feminism 001 Women and AIDS
- Feminism 002 What we accept, we teach. By Ted Powell
"If they [women and girls] become tired or even
die through bearing children, that does not matter. Let them die
through fruitfulness - that is why they are there."
-- Martin Luther
- Feminism 003 Misogyny rules! Women blamed for drought.
- Feminism 004 Sayles Belton turns conflict to consensus. Proposal to create a civilian board to review charges of police misconduct
- Feminism 005 The Hidden History of Arab Feminism. Women's networks and journals have flourished since 1892. From MS. Magazine May/June 1993 p.76 - 77
- Feminism 006 Facts about the plight of Arab women. The Gazette (Montreal), February 14, 1994.
- Feminism 007 Arrests for violent crimes 1989. Shows that violence is a MALE disease.
- Feminism 008 Nice guys don't place at all
- Feminism 011 Copycat factor cited as wave of wife killings sweep Quebec. From the Vancouver Sun, Thursday, October 4, 1990
- Feminism 012 "Conservative Feminism," By Jim Mork. Woman castigates Feminists.
- Feminism 013 Custody: father publicly supports a lesbian mother.
- Feminism 014 Virginia lesbian mother fights for custody of son
- Feminism 015 What's the real crime, lesbian parenting or homophobia?
- Feminism 016 Cycles of Behavior, by Donna.
- Feminism 017 Deadbeat Dad and Stalking, by Claudia Slate
- Feminism 018 What Makes Men Different (and you thought you knew!)
- Feminism 019 Fatal Attraction, by Bob Hirschfeld
- Feminism 020 Abortion: An issue of survival, by Donna.
- Feminism 021 The Goddess revived: the rise of ecofeminism, An article by Kitty Mattes in The Amicus Journal, fall 1990 issue
- Feminism 022 Albert Einstein: did his spouse discover The theory of relativity?
- Feminism 023 Can equality be achieved at the expense of others?
- Feminism 024 Women in E Europe / USSR
- Feminism 025 A female ex-Mountie is suing the force because the appalling sexual harassment she says she suffered while serving on the Red Deer detachment forced her to resign.
- Feminism 026 Traditionalism vs. Feminism? "The Failure of Feminism" by Kay Ebeling
- Feminism 027 Woman for sale
- Feminism 028 Fate of Fetus Carried by Psychotic at Issue
- Feminism 029 Women run political gantlet. Candidates struggle to counteract rumors, while "boys will be boys." By Karen Schneider, Knight-Ridder Newspapers St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 9/19/92, 1B
- Feminism 030 GI Jane
- Feminism 031 George Washington grad defies the odds to pursue career in science
- Feminism 032 Peggy Glavas, Union Organizer: a real-life 'Norma Rae'
- Feminism 033 SECDEF Aspin Lifts Ban on Combat Flights for Women
- Feminism 034 I am sick and fucking tired of bigoted straight people. By Janet Goldstein
- Feminism 035 Yes, Jesus Loves Us, by Patricia Greer
- Feminism 037 Women in the Koran: abuse mandated!
- Feminism 038 What Makes Love Last, New Age Journal
- Feminism 040 Women worldwide die from pregnancy-related causes. Some statistics.
- Feminism 041 Mortality Rates From Legal Abortion and Childbirth
- Feminism 042 What's this I hear about "women's" magazines? By Donna.
- Feminism 043 Women's Magazines Hope Changes Halt Decline, by Dierdre Carmody [1990 NY Times News Service]
- Feminism 044 A group of female doctors is debating the best way for all doctors to be specially trained in women's health issues.
- Feminism 045 There have been few politicians in Canada to compare to Charlotte Whitton
- Feminism 046 Marcy Sheiner on Menopause
- Feminism 047 Abortion from a religious perspective. From Texas Now Times, originally in the United Methodist Reporter, Aug 24, 1990.
- Feminism 048 Militant Suffragettes: Emmeline (Emily) Pankhurst
- Feminism 049 Matilda Joslyn Gage, a 19th century American feminist.
- Feminism 050 International days of action to end violence against women
- Feminism 051 Female Navy pilot killed trying to land. October 27 Oakland Tribune.
- Feminism 052 Neo-Nazis and the War Against Women's Reproductive Freedom
- Feminism 053 Christains needn't apply. Women's group flier draws fire. An article from the Tucson Citizen, dated 4/2/92
- Feminism 054 Urgent Appeal / Abortions / Supreme Ct.
- Feminism 055 The integrity of some fertility surgeons has been challenged (Fertility News 1990: 24:10)
- Feminism 056 I spent all day Friday at our county hospital's OB / GYN clinic. By Claudia Slate
- Feminism 057 Remember the Old Maid, the long-nosed and less-than-lovely lady on the card you didn't want to get stuck with? Now There's Old Bachelor
- Feminism 058 Open Season on Feminists, by Patricia Graham
- Feminism 059 Pro-Choice Activists Take a Stand
- Feminism 060 Clinics Prepare for Operation Rescue - AGAIN. Associated Press - 07/05/93
- Feminism 061 Police arrested 57 anti-abortion demonstrators--- Finally!
- Feminism 062 Total number of abortions in 1992: 12,685.
- Feminism 063 The Myth of the Male Orgasm, By Bette-Jane Raphael
- Feminism 064 Women earn less, pay more
- Feminism 065 Prejudice in politics, By Paul Kienitz
- Feminism 066 Abortion, child support, birth control, and overpopulation
- Feminism 067 Men barred from primatology conference
- Feminism 068 Quality Time, by Edward E. Ford
- Feminism 069 Vice President Dan Quayle says abortion "is not an issue" with the American people
- Feminism 070 Maybe Dan Quayle Really Was Right, by Ted Byfield
- Feminism 071 Quoteable Quotes... (stuff people say)
- Feminism 072 This morning the St.Paul paper had a few choice tidbits that I thought worthy of posting.
- Feminism 073 Fact sheet of the Religious Coalition for Abortion Rights
- Feminism 074 Reasons to keep women's movement
- Feminism 075 Abortion foes keeping new drug off u.s. market
- Feminism 076 For the women who served
- Feminism 077 Sex, lies and young people, By Claire Thompson and Unna Liddy
- Feminism 078 What are teenage girls afraid of? Sex, male violence, drugs and pollution
- Feminism 079 Poem: MY SISTER DIED THIS MORNING, by Phyllis Tucker
- Feminism 080 Don't ignore stalkers! By Cindy Hill
- Feminism 081 48 Hours had a show on stalking recently
- Feminism 082 A statue is being dedicated on Veterans Day to the women who served in the Vietnam War. Big deal?
- Feminism 083 Just thought I would pass on some information about the National Womens Strike Day
- Feminism 084 Women in the bull's eye: Degrading phrases skewer the subconscious
- Feminism 085 Women Pilots in WW II. The Role of Women in the United States Armed Forces
- Feminism 086 National Women's Studies Association (NWSA). Constitution: preamble and statement of purpose.
- Feminism 087 Workplace revolution, From The Province, p. 41
to Shy David's Home Page.