Edited by: Larry M. Jones, Cult Crime Impact Network, Inc., 222 N. Latah St., Boise, Idaho, 83706, ph: 208-377-6606, (Emerg.) 208-377-6790, pager #550.
VOL. III NO. 88-1 FEBRUARY 1988
* * * DISCLAIMER * * * THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR USE IN DETECTION OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITY AND PROTECTION OF CITIZENS; IT IS NOT MEANT TO INTERFERE WITH FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.
1. WHY BOTHER? Early in 1986, I attended my first police training about cult crimes, the first of its kind during my 15 years in police service. Yet the crimes and motives were so heinous and apparently longstanding that I marveled that we-- as a profession--I pondered--had not identified them before. Only a handful of States even broached the topic in formal training. Law enforcement in the United States was largely ignorant of "non-traditional motives" for crimes--and thus largely ineffectual in solving them. Response to a teletype request for contact from interested officers was literally overwhelming. FILE 18 NEWSLETTER was born as we attempted to self-teach these topics and pass information along. From FILE 18 came the seeds for a national organization to initiate and support the new education and intelligence-networking effort. C.C.I.N. is private, free-standing and outside of governmental control; it is unhindered by jurisdictional 'turf barriers' or governmental restrictions about intelligence flow, it is funded ONLY by YOUR GENEROSITY. We have no sponsors other than FILE 18 readers who feel C.C.I.N., Inc. provides critical service.
The I.R.S. has granted us provisional approval as a tax exempt [501(c)(3)] organization. That means your donations can be claimed as income tax deductions. Our I.R.S. Employer I.D. Number is 94-3036813 if you need that for your records.
Besides our intelligence-sharing and educational benefits, one of C.C.I.N.'s primary goals is to encourage LOCAL NETWORKING by each of you in and around your home jurisdictions. UPDATED MAILING LISTS (now with over 1000 names!) are available just for writing and requesting one from us--NO CHARGE! If you want to network, the lists are vital. You can also 'network' nationally by being a contributor. send the Editor a synopsis of your cult case or intelligence data or request for help or upcoming cult crime seminar...these will usually appear in the next FILE 18 issue.
WHY BOTHER? ...To save the babies, to stop arrogant perpetrators who have 'skated' up to now, to shine the light of the law into dark corners, to listen when victims talk...
2. TRAINING SEMINARS. The following seminars concerning cult/occult crimes are available: CULTS, SECTS, AND DEVIANT MOVEMENTS (5 days), I.P.T.M., 4567 St. Johns Bluff Rd., S., Jacksonville, FL., 32216, 904-646-2772, fee:$375+r/b; Dates:March 7-11 and July 11-15 in Jacksonville, and May 23-27 in Ft. Lauderdale.
SATANIC AND CULT INFLUENCES IN HOMICID E AND OTHER CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS, (3 days), Valencia Community College'Gov't Services Program, Box 3028, Orlando, FL., 32802-3028, 305- 299-5000 x3265, fee: $165+r/b; Date: February 10-12.
HOMICIDE AND DEATH INVESTIGATION SEMIN AR (5 day), N. Colo.-S. Wyo. Detectives Association, Marriott Hotel, Ft. Collins, CO., fee: $275+r/b; Date: May 16-20; Contact: Judy Kishman, 307-637-6110.
OCCULT AND RITUALISTIC CRIMES SEMINAR (2 day), Lewis and Clark CSO, Helena, MT., fee $60+r/b; Dates: April 16-17; (Speakers:Jerry Simandl, Chicago PD Gang Crimes Unit; Pat Pulling, B.A.D.D., Inc., and "Believe the Children;" Contact: Mike McCarthy, L&CCSO, 406-442-7880.
AGENCIES SOUGHT (1 day) on the following dates: March 19 in New Orleans, May 14 in Akron, OH., July 23 in Las Vegas, Sept. 24 in Chicago, and October 29 in Richmond, VA. Pat Pulling is chief instructor. If interested in scheduling a workshop, contact Gerald Arenberg, 1100 N.E. 125th. St., No. Miami, FL., 83161, 305-891-9855 or 1700.
LAW ENFORCEMENT AWARENESS SEMINAR ON S ATANISM AND CULTS (3 days), Dates: April 18-20, fee: $145+r/b, Contact: Christian Mathiesen, Dir. of Trng., Warwick PD, 99 Veterans Memorial Dr., Warwick, R.I., 401-737-2244.
3. DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS. Last summer four subjects arrived at a Flagstaff, AZ., hospital with a severely injured 16 yr old in tow. According to Det. Jeff Greene's synopsis "...A patrolman responded and interviewed the four subjects...(two adults, one 18 and one 16 yr. old)...[who] stated that the victim was drunk and attempted to kill the 16 yr. old with a sword. The 18 yr. old picked up a baseball bat and struck the victim in the back of the head, one time. The 18 yr. old said he struck the victim "with all his might." He admitted that the victim was unarmed...on his knees facing away from the 18 yr. old. The 18 yr. old said "I just freaked out." He [said] they had been listening to their music, being "Slayer." He said it makes him feel more confident than normal. [Det. Greene] asked if he was under the influence of anything. He replied, "Only my music."
Greene noted an inverted cross on the suspect's stomach which meant the 18 yr. old was the "Devil's advocate." The victim was a special ed. student with no ties to satanism or his attacker(s). The 18 yr. old never asked about the condition of the victim.
Suspect #2, the 16 yr. old, "...was wearing all black, a heavy metal T-shirt included. He had a punk style haircut--shoulder length, cigarette burns on his arms, and he was holding a black cat during the entire interview. He also had on several studded arm bands..." and did not ask about the victim's condition. At the scene, tapes and albums of "Slayer, Dio, Megadeath, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and many, many more...most [with] satanic lyrics..." were found. Blood spatter evidence was found inside the travel trailer, not outside where the suspects said the assault took place. Two swords and a satanic bible were there, too. Medical examination of the victim showed that he had at least six skull fractures which could not have been caused by just one blow.
Det. Greene presented the conflicting factors to the suspects. The younger of the two broke down and tearfully admitted that "...the 18 yr. old struck the victim several times with the baseball bat...He said the assault was unprovoked."
The 18 yr. old was later indicted on an Attempted Murder charge and is still in custody. "...The 16 yr. old moved to Texas a few months later "to get out of this environment." After two months there, he was involved in the murder of Midlothian, TX., undercover Police Officer George Raffield and has been indicted for Capital Murder. According to Greene, the 16 yr. old suspect has been doing occult drawings since 3rd. or 4th. grade. A DALLAS MORNING NEWS article by Constance Hilliard says that Raffield's murder site contained occult symbols which "...clearly suggest cultist influences in this tragic murder..."
What lessons can we learn from this account? Perhaps, that vicious would-be killers are younger than ever before due to intense, murder-oriented programming--BE CAUTIOUS. Perhaps, that there were plenty of indicators-- as Det. Greene pointed out--to I.D. a youthful, homicidal mindset. Perhaps, that a LOGICAL MOTIVE other than 'acting out' what has been 'programmed in' may not exist; an assault upon a cop could be just as brutal, unexpected, and unprovoked...in this case a cop later died. All of us know of kids like these...take the time to fire an Alert Bulletin to your brother officers or even another jurisdiction. Thanks: Det. Jeff Greene, Cocoinino CSO, Box 39, Flagstaff, AZ., 86002, 602-774-4523.
4. 'ALL-AMERICAN' TEEN KILLS MOTHER, SELF...And the police blame the occult. You have all read this A.P. Wirestory which hit local papers on January 13th. A N.J. 14 yr. old, turned from model airplanes and his paper route to satanism, murder, and suicide in one month's time. His teachers saw the change and alerted Mom who did what Mom's do...she confronted Tom Sullivan, Jr., about it, but Tom, Jr., was too far gone. He stabbed his mother to death, arranged his occult books in a ritualized circle in the living room and lit a fire in their midst. Dad and little brother were awakened by the smoke detector and escaped, but by then Tom, Jr., had slashed his wrists and his throat with his Boy Scout Knife. He died in the snow in a neighbor's yard.
A 'comparative religions' research assignment in his parochial school seemed to have been the thing which piqued Tom's interest in the occult. He immersed himself in occult books, listened to heavy-metal rock music, became defiant, angry, withdrawn. The change was rapid and intense. He left a note attributing his actions to occult influences. He told a friend that he had had "...a vision in which Satan came to him, wearing his face, and urged him to kill his family and preach satanism..." [Editor's Note: News sources other than A.P. have learned that Tom, Jr., had been a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy role-playing game player. D&D could have provided the occultic conditioning which facilitated the more dramatic events of the last month of his life. The "game" is an accurate crash course in sorcery, theft, mayhem, and murder aimed at bright, young juvenile boys!] Officer Jeff Lester, Amarillo (TX.) PD, sent a follow-up article which appeared in the AMARILLO GLOBE- TIMES on January 19, '88. Jefferson Twp. "...has been possessed by the fear of Satan..." since the two deaths. Tom, Jr., left a "detailed outline of the murder...behind...[as well as]...his drawings of satanic images and an invitation to schoolmates to form an evil cult..." Rev. James J. LeBar, a Catholic consultant on cults, said, "I don't think there was any doubt Satan had influenced him, even if he did have some kind of psychiatric breakdown...He was actually trying to seek the power of Satan to give himself power."
Mrs. Sullivan's and Tom, Jr.'s tragic deaths have an upside, though. His transformation was so sudden, so complete, so well-established by his own statements, documents, and the evidence, that could not be ignored. The police were able to establish the causal factors. The national news media broadcast the facts into every household in America. The facts startled parents, policemen, principals, and politicians to the core. In past: people have .. engage in "what-if-ing" about other families' kids in other towns, our kids, our towns.
What does it take to convince the skeptics that--regardless what they believe personally--other people do live, kill, and die according to weird, occultic, supernatural philosophies, beliefs, and proscriptions? CORROBORATIVE FACTS CONVINCE SKEPTICS. Thomas Sullivan, Jr., Jefferson Twp., N.J., is a case in point; may his death make believers out of us!
5. BREAKING THE ICE. In the past 2- 3 years, talk of "occultic or satanic crimes" has come out of the closets in the Precinct Houses! In 1984, 12 yr. old Jessica Hatch was abducted from Richmond, VA., and murdered. Her body (specifically her upper torso) was recovered outside the city. Not until a Richmond homicide detective 'leaked' the true story was this crime publicly labelled as a satanic sacrificial killing. The January 19, 1988, issue of STYLE WEEKLY MAGAZINE, a Richmond publication, carried the disclosure accompanied by an insightful article concerning the "police dilema" in handling ritual-in-progress situations. The officers interviewed held that we police cannot legally interrupt a satanic sacrifice ritual until the High Priest's hand is actually seen arcing downward toward the sacrifice-victim-to-be. Constitutional protections of the free exercise of religion were cited. The Editor believes that most states' conspiracy laws could be put into operation as soon as such an evil scenario was uncovered. NOW we can call in expert witnesses to testify as to the intent of the ceremony, methodology, etc. Constitutional protections for religious practices END when someone's civil rights are violated by them. Practically speaking, such sacrifices are not believed to be instant death-causing assaults, but rather, long, drawn-out, torturous affairs--starting with disembowelment and cutting off of the extremities joint by joint. There should be a felony crime there somewhere?!? Richmond sources say that STYLE WEEKLY's January 19th. edition is worth the reading and sensitive to the dilema we do face.
6. WE'VE COME A LONG WAY. Volume 6 of the BELIEVE THE CHILDREN NEWSLETTER, October 1988, is encouraging. Do you know that the N. Colo.-S. Wyo. Detectives Association Seminar on the Emergence of Ritualized Abuse (Ft. Collins, CO., 9-86) was the first national seminar at which cops were introduced to the satanic ritualized abuse of children? Dr. Lawrence Pazder, co-author of MICHELLE REMEMBERS, was the wrap-up speaker. One year later at B.A.D.D.'s Richmond Seminar on Ritualized Abuse Dr. Pazder remarked that the whole awareness level of the police attendees had risen. Ritualized Abuse was no longer an unheard-of topic--the word was spreading.
Believe the Children is an important organization. It was started by the parents of ritualized abuse survivors from the McMartin Preschool in Manhattan Beach, CA. In their anguish and confusion these parents organized to expose an insidious plague of evil and reach out to others. Your personal membership (as little as $15.00 per year) will help keep BTC strong.
This group has generated the first statistical data from 59 documented (remember the vital word?="Corroboration!") R/A cases, which is more than ANY law enforcement agency--bar none!--has accomplished. Their spearhead efforts are to be commended by those of us tied to slow, unwieldy public service agencies. Please support Believe the Children and order a sweatshirt while you're at it.
You want to be on the BTC mailing list to enhance your interconnecting resource network, anyway.
Dr. Roland Summit, M.D., an expert in child abuse cases currently at the Harvard/UCLA Campus, was quoted in a LOS ANGELES TIMES article, February 20, 1987: "...The challenge for protecting children is not to single out the end-stage homicidal monsters, nor even keep all known child molesters in jail. There is no jail large enough, no juries sure enough, no children strong enough to withstand the courtroom trauma and no sentence long enough to keep most offenders behind bars. Our burden is to recognize the offenders in our midst, to challenge their access to children and to block their escalating addiction, even as we hold them responsible to lawful, productive citizenship.
Pedophiles gain our trust and entrap our children with impunity. Children may protect their secret rather than risk rejection and punishment by telling. We believe that a stranger could kill a child for lust. We can't imagine that our neighbor could captivate our child for love. We believe a lifeless victim; it's hard to trust a living child.
We can't change a thing if we get excited only after a child is killed. We will prevent murders by devoting our best resources to dealing with the day-to-day realities of molested children in our midst and the people among us who molest them..."
7. IT'S WORSE IN A SMALL TOWN 'CUZ YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE! Det. Sam Elia, Sullivan (MO.) PD, sent FILE 18 a Missouri POST DISPATCH article by E.F. Porter, Jr. (undated, but recent.) (Thanks, Sam, you are a faithful correspondent to C.C.I.N., Inc; we all appreciate your efforts.)
The crime: "...The three accused youths, James Hardy, Ronald Clements, and Theron "Pete" Roland, all 17, went late Sunday afternoon to the house of Steven Newberry, 19, and invited him to come out for a drive with them...The next morning, when Steven had not returned home, his mother called the police. (Classmates said that by midmorning, the school was crackling with rumors that a student had been killed over the weekend.)
That evening, Clements went to the Carl Junction police statement and turned himself in. Why he did so is still not clear. He gave a statement to the police...Clements led police to a concrete cistern on an abandoned lead mining property about three miles south of town and about a mile from the Newberry home.
Under 10 feet of water at the bottom of the cistern, police found the battered body of Newberry. He had been bludgeoned to death and weighted with a stone. The medical examiner later counted approximately 60 blows to the head. Nearby in the bushes were four baseball bats.
Also in the cistern were the corpses of two squirrels and a cat. The squirrels seemed to have been drowned...But the cat showed signs of having died of blows from a blunt instrument.
...Jasper County...Sheriff's Deputies arrested Hardy and Roland at the high school and charged them and Clements in connection with the murder.
...Investigators...guardedly acknowledged the possibility of a satanic cult involving more students [NOTE: Do you think YOUR high school is immune?], and perhaps adults as well. The rumor around the high school was that a total of 18 cult members had attended the murder. The number 18--that is, six plus six plus six--is thought to have a diabolical meaning because of its resemblance to numerals mentioned in the 18th. verse of the 13th. chapter of Revelation "Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six."...
There was even a report that one student known as a skillful artist had been present to make sketches of the killing..."
The article notes that the town had experienced vandalism with satanic messages of abandoned buildings and a church which had "...openly declared war on satan...The vandalism stopped after the congregation prayed, [Rev. Robert] Carrow said. "We feel we prayed 'em out," he said. "I believe in the power of Satan, but we feel our power is greater than their power." "...Young people acquainted with the accused described them as..."stoners"...known for...use of marijuana and for wearing gold-colored crosses hung upside down around the neck...
Hardy, the best known of the three suspects, was narrowly voted in as student body president last spring in what classmates described as a rebellion against the established--and teacher-approved--student leadership...Clements...appeared to move around in a kind of daze, often not responsive to what was going on around him. Roland, the third suspect, seems to be...a mystery to his classmates...What seemed especially eerie about the case was the complacence of the three suspects..."These guys are still cool...there's not one tear...It's spooky,..." said Dep. Larry Parrill. Investigators have admitted privately that if a cult does exist, it seems to have generated both belief and discipline far more powerful than anyone suspected. Investigators have had little success in obtaining information from other students...yet there is no question that a demonic cult exists at the school, students agreed. Some of them jeered at the adult population, and especially school officials, for their refusal to face reality..."If a mistake was ever made, it was not taking this seriously," said a 1987 graduate. "They thought it was wierd but something the kids would grow out of."..." "...A law enforcement official expressed [that] the greatest danger to the region now is that the prosecution will be satisfied with the three arrests and let its investigation of occultism drop... Early reports suggest that Newberry was an innocent victim who had accompanied the suspects because he was flattered to be invited. Police described him as a large youth...who was a slow learner yearning for peer approval...the eldest of four children...a devoted churchgoer who rode his bike several miles to services...But young Newberry apparently was not a blameless victim. Classmates said that he, too, was a member of the high school's cult and that he had told them about taking part in the ritual killing of kidnapped dogs and cats. He was apparently liked by some members of the sect, disliked by others. "Steve would try to worm his way into things," said a recent graduate. "He tried too hard to be ingratiating. He would do anything."
EDITOR'S NOTE: This theme is somewhat familiar; baseball bats seem to be the "Weapon of the Month!" Compare this story to the Flagstaff assault (Item #3): same mindset, same music, same acted-out homicidal aggression, same 'simple' victim, same lack of remorse, same M.O. Let me engage in pure speculation intended to get you thinking: WHAT IF the 'evil, demonic influences' are really real, and to teens who have surrendered to their control (through active satanic practices and rituals) these 'evil personalities' are reading the same Satan-inspired script? Not enough data, you say. Perhaps not, but the Editor--and a significant cross- section of the persons with credible knowledge on this topic--find "coincidences" increasingly hard to swallow. The initial 'dribble' of satanic/occultic crime information of two years ago is now a torrent. Even Oprah Winfrey (Chicago talk show hostess) had an actual demon take-over of a so-called "channeler" on live T.V. last week! Open your understanding, at least, to the possibility of a larger conspiracy and orchestration which sense, but which we do not--at this time--fully comprehend.
Please, send in news articles, crime reports, or synopses of cult crime cases so that FILE 18 can reprint them.
8. SATAN'S UNDERGROUND. The Editor recently had the honor of reading a galley copy of Lauren Stratford's new book SATAN'S UNDERGROUND. It is Lauren's life story--as powerful as it is credible. Lauren tells what it was like to be given by her mother to men for sex at age six; to be a kiddie- porn photo subject, to live in constant dread and terror; to have fled from her mother's bondage to another city only to find that she was again controlled by the same porn preverted sex delivery ring which had abused her from the beginning. They trapped Lauren with drugs, guilt, and mind control and, as a young woman, forced her to participate in satanic rituals and infant sacrifices orchestrated by the ring's kingpin, the coven High Priest. Lauren escaped. Her physical, emotional, and spiritual survival are nothing short of miraculous.
SATAN'S UNDERGROUND blows the lid off the secret links among the kiddie prostitution and pornography suppliers; their dependence on drugs, kidnapping, deception, torture, terror, and murder to insure continuous supplies of young flesh; and the destructive bondage of satanic involvement to which the purveyors turned to satisfy their own debauched perversions and insatiable lusts.
The story covers so much ground that it qualifies as an investigator's handbook for organized crime. It fills a crucial gap in the literature we now have which is useful for police training. This book will be "must reading" for parents, teens considering cult involvement, counselors, treatment professionals, and pastors who must know the truth. Ms. Stratford has included tremendous perspective from the victim's viewpoint, as well as an outline to follow when we embrace a hurting person who has suffered Hell and survived. Restoration and healing are stressed in the final chapters of Lauren's book; her story gives anyone trapped in cult bondage hope and a means of escape.
The author has joined a growing list of writers and speakers who are courageously telling the truth about murderous satanism and cult activity in this country. The Editor hopes that every satanic cult member reads SATAN'S UNDERGROUND and pales with fear knowing their shroud ofsecrecy is being shredded. SATAN'S UNDERGROUND (published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon) is being printed now. It will be available by March 1, 1988, in Christian bookstores. Look for it!
Lauren Stratford is an excellent resource for training seminars, counseling, interviews, and workshops. She can be contacted via The Confidential Group, Box 91795, Bakersfield, CA., 93390.
9. NEW MEXICO PASTOR MURDERED. Sandoval CSO (N.M.) Lt. Phillip G. Caristo, Sr., described a perplexing murder he worked in Rio Rancho, N.M. "On the 26th of March, 1986, Pastor Max A. Austin was shot to death in his office at the Mesa Vista Baptist Church...At the time of this investigation I knew very little about Satanism, cults, witchcraft, etc... although...I have learned...lately.
There was no indication of Satanism, at least none that I could detect. I had spent thirteen years with the Philadelphia PD...[and] had seen many homicides. I saw nothing different in this one. The victim was shot once in the throat (first shot) and again in the face, below the left eye. According to the stippling pattern, the first shot was probably fired within ten inches;the second was judged to be a contact wound by the pathologist. The caliber of the projectile recovered was 38.
There was no "descecration" of the church or the body. In fact the crime scene was very clean. Only two items were known to have been taken...the victim's wallet and briefcase (contents emptied first.) There was precious little evidence found at the scene, but enough to eventually indict Timothy J. Wildermuth for First Degree Murder...after his arrest on 5 August 1986.
It was while executing a Search Warrant on Wildermuth's property...[that]...I discovered that he was into Satanism. A 37 year old man, he had turned to Satanism when he was 12, because he resented his parents forcing him to go to church and to memorize prayers. he secretly prayed to Satan during these church meetings.
Found in Wildermuth's property were stacks...of books on Satanism, the occult, witchcraft, magic, etc., along with a canvas altar with the pentagram printed on it complete with names and symbols and another article which appears to be a Jewish candelabra painted on it with Hebrew symbols. [Ed Note: Cabalism, ancient Jewish occult practice.] I have been informed by a Rabbi that it is an old Jewish ceremonial cloth used in the practice of magic.
Wildermuth was divorced and letters...written to him by his former wife, clearly show she believes herself to be a witch. She speaks of rituals and sacrifices performed and...of Satan worship.
On 6 January 1987, Wildermuth was found hanging in his cell...a very well drawn pentagram with a sort of half-moon...(was drawn) on the wall of his cell, in color.
In the SPECIAL REPORT of the PASSPORT MAGAZINE "America's Best Kept Secret", I found the one phrase that connected Satanism to my homicide..."The Satanist thinking is that the younger the victim, the more innocent; the more innocent, the more precious to God; THE MORE PRECIOUS TO GOD, THE GREATER THE DEFILEMENT, thus, the more power for the Satanist to acquire."
How more to defile a church, a house of God, than to kill and innocent Pastor, a man of God, within his own church? Everyone had been looking for something outlandish and overt, but there it was right before our eyes all the time..."
In return correspondence, Lt. Caristo noted that there was a full moon present on March 25, 1986. He recalled that Wildermuth was into astrology and witchcraft in addition to satanism. Lt. Carristo agreed that since Wildermuth had a long history of personal occultic involvement and had married a woman who was similarly inclined, it is likely that he was a member of (perhaps directed by or desiring to gain power and status in) a coven group.
Pastor Austin was seen as "...a "Warrior of God"..." in the community. He was "...a member of the American Baptist Association, he preached pure Bible..."
Mrs. Austin graciously gave her permission for this account to be printed in FILE 18 in the hope that it will be useful to law enforcement officers. Readers who recognize pertinent details in this case, please write to the Editor or contact Lt. Philip Caristo, Sandoval CSO, Box 1708, Bernaillio, N.M., 87004, 800- 862-4357.
10. LOVE LETTERS This article was contributed by Det. Dave Holm, Cedar City (UT) PD. Two letters to CIRCUS MAGAZINE, unknown date: "Since I became a Motley Crue fan, my life has changed for the better. I have started to shout back at my mother, and if she tells me to do something, I don't do it. If she tells me not to do something, I do it. I have started drinking (Jack Daniels, of course), smoking, going to all-night parties and doing unmentionable things with my male "friends."
Thanks to the Crue, I have a new attitude toward life. Would you believe that just last year in school I made straight A's and was invited to become a member of the National Honor Society? Was I an a--hole or what! So to Vince, Mick, Tommy and especially Nikki, thanks for making my life more fun. Someday, Nikki, someday!" --Nikki Sixx Lover, Arkansas
"There's a new breed of kids out here. The real metal--Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue and Ozzy have our spirit and love. We believe that Satan rules and would rather blow up this wicked world than let it fall to the Communists. We live to be high and want nothing to do with reality. We don't care about ourselves, just each other. Violence to those we hate, love to our friends and the breed. May everyone be a slut. If you can understand, love to you." --Just One, Middleburgh, N.Y.
11. EXPANDING YOUR LIBRARY. Pastor Dave Rieck, Emmett, Idaho, is also a U.S.N.R. Chaplain, so eh has a balanced life perspective to draw from. Dave has done a lot of reading concerning occult topics. He provided the following list of books which he has found helpful. You may wish to read: CHILD OF SATAN, CHILD OF GOD, Susan Atkins w/ Bob Slosser, 1977, Logos International, Plainfield, NJ, 290 pp. Author's account of life with Manson's "family."
DARK SECRETS OF THE NEW AGE--Satan's Plan for One World Religion, Texe Marrs, 1987, Crossway Books, Westchester, IL 60153, 287 pp. Over 600 quotes from New Age leaders help unveil their "Plan" for the world. DELIVER US FROM EVIL, Don Basham, 1972, Fleming H. Revell, Co., Old Tappan, NJ, 225 pp. Examination of the controversial subject of demons and how they control.
DEVIL TAKE THE YOUNGEST--The War on Childhood, Winkey Pratney, 1985, Huntington House, Inc., 1200 N. Market St., Shreveport, LA., 71107, 257 pp. I:Occult roots/history, II.Current unique children's generation, III.War on children from A-abortion to W-white slavery. Good background for understanding ritualized abuse of children.
THE DEVIL'S ALPHABET, Kurt Koch, 1969, Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, MI. 49501, 156 pp. Discussion of superstition, occultism, 47 different occultic practices. HALLOWEEN AND SATANISM, Phil Phillips and Joan Hake Robie, 1987, Starburst, Inc., Box 4123, Lancaster, PA. 192 pp. "Innocent" Halloween practices linked to Satanism.
THE HIDDEN DANGERS OF THE RAINBOW--The New Age Movement and Our Coming Age of Barbarism, Constance Cumbey, 1983, Huntington House, Inc., Shreveport, LA., 268 pp. Informs about hidden agendas, events, and manipulated organizations fostering the New Age.
************************************ * C.C.I.N. Directories: * * Available to All People * * On the Mailing List !! * ************************************OCCULT BONDAGE AND DELIVERANCE, Kurt Koch and Alfred Lechler, 1971, Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, MI., 49501, 198 pp. Terms, healing, deliverance, and distinguishes between disease and the demonic.
PASSPORT MAGAZINE: AMERICA'S BEST KEPT SECRET, A Special Report on Satanism, Calvary Chapel of West Covina, 1432 W. Puente Ave., West Covina, CA. 91790, 15pp. Excellent treatment of satanism and ritualized abuse @ $.25/copy. Good hand-out, intoductory material. PIGS IN THE PARLOR, A Practical Guide to Deliverance, Frank and Ida Mae Hammond, 1973, Impact books, Inc., 137 W. Jefferson Ave., Kirkwood, MO. 63122, 153pp. Spiritual warfare and deliverance.
SATAN IS ALIVE AND WELL AND LIVING ON PLANET EARTH, Hal Lindsey, 1972, Zondervan Corp., Grand Rapids, MI., 255pp. A little dated, but sound background on occult and satan. Dangers of occult involvement.
TURMOIL IN THE TOYBOX, Phil Phillips, 1986, Starburst, Inc., Box 4123, Lancaster, PA. 17604, 191 pp. Occult, violence, and sexual themes in the toy and cartoon industries. Children are pre-conditioned to accept the occult.
THE TWISTED CROSS--Joseph Karr, 1985, Huntington House, Inc., Shreveport, LA., 315 pp. Nazism was occultic religion of Hitler, the messiah, Himmler, the high priest. SS Death Head formation, the clergy. Links with New Age. Perspective on modern white supremicist neo-Nazi groups' occultic roots.
UNDERSTANDING THE OCCULT, Josh McDowell and Don Stewart, 1982, Here's Life Publishers, Inc., Box 1576, San Bernardino, CA 82402, 202 pp. Mystical experiences, occult practitioners, discernment about occult beliefs, excellent primer on the subject of the occult. NOTE: Many of these books have extensive bibliographies which will help you do further research.
THE SATAN HUNTER, Tom Wedge, 1987, Caring Books, 2020 Ninth St., S.W., Canton, OH 44706, 226 pp. Author is a Probation Officer and occult researcher. Collection of personal experiences, interview and observations. helpful to anyone who will confront a satanist.
12. COMPUTER BROOMSTICKS. This is a sample of information which is available on occult-oriented computer bulletin boards (see list of modem numbers in FILE 18, #87-5). The source was Phil Hansford,
THE OUTPOST RCPM, 818-353-8891 (modem), Box 93, Tujunga, CA., 91042. Eleven text files dealing with various categories are printed-out with brief explanations for each. The results of such presentations are: 1) recruiting, and 2) high-tech networking with interested individuals, resulting in 3) deeper involvement and personal study.
The files were: Why Magick?, The Subjectivity of Experience, The four Worlds, Elements and forces, Chakras and meditation, Thoughtforms and Spirits, Basic Ritual, Healing and Banishing, Astral Projection, Cabala, and Visualization...all very 'modern' revivals of the ancient philosophies and worship forms.
13. BLACK METAL BANDS. What are kids feeding on? Jeff Burkholder, Raleigh, N.C., provided this up-to- date list of Black Metal Bands (even their names are downers!) Venom*, Slayer*, Possessed, Satan's Host, Megadeath, Dark Angel, Fallen Angel, Metal Church, Demon, Satan, Destruction, Sodom, Exodus, Bulldozer, Voi Vod, Metallica, Celtic Frost, Exciter, Abbatoir, Candlemass, Storm Troopers of Death, 6.6.6., Hallows Eve, Omen Fates Warning, Witch Finder General, 45 Grave, Christian Death Skulls, Nuclear Assault, Samhain, Baincry, King diamond, Merciful Fate, 3rd Mags, Flotsam & Jetsam, Sentinel Beast, Kirax, Krank, and Deaf Dealer. o *=Bands documented, according to Dave Hart, Al Menconi Ministries, as actively worshipping satan. The other bands seem to include satanic themes for marketing purposes. Many bands are "...exchanging leather and studs for panty hose and lace..." according to Dave. However, at the height of their satanic and occultic imagery these bands produced millions of records and tapes which are STILL available, STILL influencing young minds, and STILL destructive.
Within the past few months we have heard about senseless, murderous assaults by teens, upon family, friend, and acquaintences. Investigators and reporters acknowledge a singular lack of remorse on the part of the suspects. One source called the Editor on 2-2-88 to discuss a teenage girl's strangulation murder in Georgia by her friends (two delinquent boys and another girl) while they were listening to Ozzy. The three then passed their 'friend's' body out the window, buried it in a shallow grave, and performed some sort of satanic ritual over her...and no remorse. Carry the warped mind- programming one step farther and it is not hard to visualize marauding bands of satanically inspired teens committing mindless slaughter. Young teens are in the formative stages of their life philosophies and standards of conduct. Repetitious, too-loud 'programming' with destructive, murderous, suicidal themes MUST have an effect. Coupled with peer reinforcement, drug use, broken homes, videos, and satanic movie themes, we are facing a whole generation of kids who have become blase' about torture and bloodshed. Are we already seeing the tip of a bloody iceberg?
14. LOCALS NASHVILLE, TN.: From Ofc. Bruce Sulfridge, "...Lately interest has arisen in other officers concerning cult activity in and around our jurisdiction. For some reason it is no longer a laughing matter when, as in a recent rape case involving a 13 year-old-girl, the suspect cries out that he is a "son of Satan," and it will take "40 cops to take me in, 'cause my 'father' is protecting me!" Ultimately, the suspect was trapped underneath a house and as one of our dogs clamped down on his arm he was still able to kick the handler repeatedly about the face..."
FLAGSTAFF, AZ.: Lyle Rapacki, is a valuable resource into the New Age and ccult (also an ex-cop who wants to network). He has Crossroads Counseling Center, P.C., Flagstaff Office, 3009 N. West St., Flagstaff, Az., 96001. Lyle sent a clipping from a U.P.I. story (undated) which says that about 150 Tacoma, WA., officers have signed a petition telling the brass that they will no longer work the heavy-metal concerts in the Tacoma Dome. This all came to a head when Det. Bill Belante reported that he saw "...drug use, assault, open sex, and half-naked girls. Then, after the victim of a vicious beating was taken away, a young man in the crowd crouched over the spilled blood and licked it from the floor..." His letter described the concerts as "...sanctioned war zones..."
REDWOOD CITY, CA.: From the L.A. TIMES, 1-19-88, "...Redwood City police...arrested three of four young men who held a Friday the 13th, drinking party in a tomb last November and beheaded two corpses to get their gold teeth..." (Hey, dude, let's PARTY!!)
BALDWIN PARK, CA.: Sgt. Randall Emons recently wrote a fine article entitled "The Occult Investigators Explosion" from his alternate-hat perspective in the Christian 'Breaking Point Ministries.' He has genericized this material to make it acceptable as California state certified police officer training. His 8-hr. block will be titled "Occult Criminal Investigation for the Uniformed Officer." It sounds like Sgt. Emons' materials would be valuable to FILE 18 readers regardless what perspective they are working from. He can be contacted via Box 355, Bloomington, CA., 92316, 741-877-0769.
Sgt. Emons is also interested in "...starting a network for Christian police officers researching the occult...[possibly]...calling it the Christian Occult Investigators Network or C.O.I.N..." Interested officers, contact Randy.
RICHMOND, VA.: Pat Pulling, founder of Bothered About Dungeons and Dragons, Inc. (B.A.D.D.), still has a limited number of manuals from B.A.D.D.'s 1987 Ritualized Crime Seminar in Richmond. She will be happy to send you a copy while the last for a $20.00 contribution to B.A.D.D., Box 5513, Richmond, VA., 23220. They are truly [illegible] and contain usuable resources and notes from presentations by Sandi Gallant, Dale Griffis, Dr. Lawrence and Michelle Pazder, Raphael Martinez, and others. Pat has made tentative plans to host a 3-day Advanced Seminar (for those who have been to some form of basic occult crimes seminar) in September 1988. Pencil-in a note on your calendar for a trip to beautiful downtown 'Witchmond' in the Fall!
TACOMA, WA.: Dep. Ed Troyer has undertaken an ambitious project...the development of a police training manual for occult crimes investigations. The Editor has reviewed a draft of it, and it promises to be a standard handbook for all of us. Pertinent excerpts from the Satanic Ritual Calendar section should give us warning:
**February 2--SATANIC REVELS: sexual ritual using oral/anal/vaginal sex with females between the ages of 7 and 17.
**February 25--ST. WALPURGIS DAY: blood-type ritual using an animal and the host of blood and dismemberment.
**March 20--ST. EICHATADT: blood ritual using a male or female with the drinking of human blood for strength and homage to demons.
**March 20--FEAST DAY: orgies for the Spring Equinox.
**April 19-26--Preparation for the Sacrifice to come. Ed. Note: May include the recruitment and preparation of a ritual human sacrifice victim.
**April 26 (or to April 30, Ed. Note)- -GRAND CLIMAX: Da Meur-type ritual using Dorpus de Baahl, oral/anal/vaginal sex with female age 1 to 25. (Ed. Note: April 30 is Beltane or Walpurgisnacht or May Eve, generally held to be the second highest date on the ritual calendar, second only to Halloween. Human sacrifices are anticipated.) Ed can be contacted at the Pierce CSO, 930 Tacoma Ave., S., Tacoma, WA., 98402, 206-591-7420.
15. FINAL QUESTION. The phrase "Yankee Rose" appears on the last page of LaVey's SATANIC BIBLE, it was the name of a song by David Lee Roth about a hooker, and it was recently written on the body of a male murder victim with lipstick. What is the significance of "Yankee Rose?"
HELP! OFFICER NEEDS HELP! SEND ASSISTANCE!
MICHAEL AND LILETH ACQUINO, satanist spokespersons, taunted police nationwide on the _Oprah Winfrey Show,_ 2-17-88, trying to 'prove' that satanists don't commit crimes. Their logic: IF satanic crimes REALLY DO OCCUR, THEN the police would have investigated, arrested, and prosecuted satanic offenders...which they have not done. Obviously, we haven't been as good at it as we could have been [and are getting to be!], but I know there are hundreds of satanic cult-motivation murders and attempts, agg. batteries, mutilations, kidnaps, rapes, and mayhems which are documented by police nationwide. _WE MUST DEVELOP A CENTRAL LISTING OF THE CASES WE HAVE TO COUNTER THIS ERRONEOUS LOGIC._ C.C.I.N. intends to develop a CULT CRIME CASE LOG to do just that; the source data must originate with you!!
_PLEASE:_ think back, talk with peers, pull your records, and send C.C.I.N brief, one-pager synopses about cases you know about...whether investigated by your agency or any other. Use this format: Crime/charge; Victim: name, age, race, sex, condition; Agency Investigating/Lead Investigator; Cult/occult indicators/evidence/motivations; Suspect(s): name/arrests/prosecution; brief M.O.; attach report if available and representative photo. if available; Date of Occurence; CIRCLE INFORMATION WHICH MUST BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL, and send it to: C.C.I.N., Inc.:Case Log, 222 N. Latah St., Boise, Idaho, 83706.
Thanks, The Editor---
TOGETHER, we can present an irrefutable case!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * [DETACH AND Mail to C.C.I.N., Inc., 222 N. Latah St., Boise, Idaho 83706] PLEASE ADD MY NAME TO THE FILE 18 NEWSLETTER MAILING LIST: NAME___________________________________ AGENCY__________________________________ STREET_________________________________ CITY______________ STATE_______________ ZIP_______________________ [ ] Suggested Subscription is $15.00/yr. [ ] Enclosed, [ ] Later $_______ [ ] Ft. Collins "Emergence of Ritualized Crime" Notes, 48 pgs. @ $4.00 _______ [ ] Packet of back issues of FILE 18 NEWSLETTER @ $5.00 _______ [ ] "Cults, Sects, Deviant Movements" Notes from I.P.T.M. @ $2.00 _______ [ ] C.C.I.N., Inc. Mailing List (Feb. '88), NO CHARGE.