We closed on our house back in June 2010. At first all looks good and had few complaints. Then in 2011 one of the rooms started to flood. Long story short, I submitted the claim. They fixed the issue not without a lot of back and forth but to be honest they fixed the problem.
Then in 2013, I started to notice a crack in our driveway. It was small at first, so I sent a new claim, thinking this is a structural problem and because our house has 20 years warranty. I thought, well we should be covered. WRONG! By now, April 2014, the crack could be used as a scale of the Great Canyon. But, they said this is not structural so no fix from them.
At the end, we installed pavers and the driveway looks really nice. Later I knew this company was facing a lot of problems, financial ones. So the moral is: “Do your homework and investigate the builder before you even consider signing a contract.”